- You can now opt-out of notification emails when your team comments or reacts to your reflection
- Get faster context on your teammates' reflections: the "reflection submitted" email notification now includes a brief summary of their week
- We fixed a bug that kept confidence history from loading when viewing the company's "all goals" page
- You can now add a "contributors" column to the OKR table view
Better notifications, more confidence, and more
Key Result Discussions and Revamped Mission/Vision Editing
Now you can have full discussions on your Key Results, with our new posting and commenting features. Just open up any Key Result and click the Add Post button in the Discussion tab.
Once you've posted, you and your coworkers will be able to have rich, fruitful discussions about anything you desire in the comments section.
We've also revamped the editing experience for your company's mission and vision. Your greatest ambitions have never looked bolder!
Some other great features:
- We've added an optional column to the OKR table list that shows the latest update from the KR's lead. You'll never not get the last word with this great new column!
- We added the South African Rand to our growing list of supported currency symbols.
We've also fixed a ton of bugs. Some fan favorites:
- Fixed a bug where the Include Subteams dropdown in the OKR table only showed immediate subteams rather than subteams several levels down in the hierarchy.
- The OKR creation button on team pages now shows up much larger, and with clear text, if your screen is wide enough. Never wonder what that "+" button does again, unless you're on a small screen.
- Fixed a bug where newly created OKRs showed up at the top of the list rather than the bottom.
- Fixed a bug where OKRs that belong to several teams would show up, well, several times in the OKR table list if several of those teams were selected.
Get a bird's eye view of what's on track and what isn't in your entire department with the new OKR Insights bar. On any team OKR page, just click the Show Insights button at the top and you'll see a breakdown of how your work is tracking across any number of teams.
- Added the Status column as a default column in the OKR table view. Welcome to the big leagues, Status Column!
- Fixed a bug where a Key Result's metric could not be unset once set.
- Fixed a bug where Company Goals on the Company Page sometimes showed as having "+0" teams associated.
- Fixed a bug where email notifications about comment replies didn't contain a link back to the comment thread. Whoops.
Manage your whole department's OKRs in one place with the new subteam selector on your team's OKRs page. On the page, you'll be able to pull in OKRs from any subteam of your team, allowing you to sort and filter all in one place.
New OKR Table View
We've rolled out a revamped OKR table view with a fresh new look and customizable columns. Just head over to your team's OKRs page and click the switcher in the top right (in the snazzy new toolbar!) to see the table view.
- We've added an administrator permission toggle to allow anyone in the company to assign goals to any team. Previously, goal assignment was limited just to teams that the user was part of.
- We've added the ability for company administrators to reorder Company Goals on the Company Page via drag-and-drop.
Easier Team Navigation
We've added a way to get a sense of where a team fits into your company's org chart at a glance. On any team's public page (accessible through Search), you'll now see a list of associated teams on the right side of the page.
🙊 Super secret! Are you reading this far? Want a free t-shirt? 🙊
We're hard at work on some big changes to Reflections, and we'd love to hear your thoughts on what we can improve. If you're open to providing feedback about your experience using Reflections inside Koan, please schedule a 45-minute chat with us for sometime in the next few weeks. You'll get to shape the next version of Reflections, and you'll also get a free Koan t-shirt!
We've moved our search to the top of the screen, making it accessible no matter where you are in the app.
- We fixed a bug where OKR stoplight comments would sometimes save incorrectly.
- We fixed a bug where reflection due dates would sometimes display incorrectly.
Company Goals and Objective Leads
We've added two of our top feature requests: Company Goals and Objective Leads!
With Company Goals, you can now track your company's most important OKRs in a single place. This replaces the previous Curated Goals feature that showed top goals on the company homepage. We've converted all existing curated goals over to company goals so that you don't have to make any adjustments yourselves. For more details, check out our help center article.
Objectives can now have leads assigned to them, just as Key Results do, allowing more accurate tracking of who's responsible for what in your company.
- Fixed a bug where cross-team goals would sometimes show up inconsistently in reflections
- Fixed a bug where reordering Key Results within an Objective would fail
- Fixed a bug where the same user would appear twice in the OKR Lead/Contributor dropdown
- Fixed a bug where some users were able to edit other teammates' profile fields
- Fixed a bug where reflections weren't available for some users
We've added the ability to link OKRs to multiple teams, enabling simple cross-team collaboration. When creating an OKR, you'll now see an option to link as many teams as you like. Then sit back and collect confidence data on your most important goals, from everyone working them across the company.
We've built team linking to be completely flexible to how you work. Give it a try and let us know how you like it.
Also in this release:
- We fixed a bug where goal leads would sometimes show up duplicated.
- We fixed a small typo in our onboarding screen. Sorry about taht!